Engineered wood floors are a close second to traditional hardwood floors. Manufactured wood floors takes less time to install, is less susceptible to moisture damage, and is less expensive. All of these advantages make it an excellent choice for your home's floors. Floor Coverings international® has flooring specialists to help you decide which innovative, low-fuss flooring is best for your needs and style.
Hardwood, Laminate, and Engineered Wood Floors – Which Is Right for You?
Nobody will deny the charm and versatility of traditional hardwood floors. Floor Coverings International® also loves them, so we have multiple species of hardwood floors available for installation in Castle, Oklahoma. Wood grains not only look great with most floor plans and decor styles, but these floors are also long-lasting and take minimal effort to keep clean. But how do laminate and engineered wood floors compare, if at all? The answer may help inform your decision.
- Engineered Wood - Engineered wood flooring, also known as manufactured wood, dates back to the 1960s. Most people will notice an enhanced appearance in any room that has engineered wood floors installed by Floor Coverings International®. Manufactured wood has a exterior layer of real wood on top, so you get all of the natural textures and graining you’d enjoy from solid hardwood floors. Compressed plywood and high-density fiberboard is what makes up the core of engineered wood floors below the top layer.
- Laminate Wood Flooring - Of all options, laminate wood is the most economical. Innovative materials and production methods have given laminate floors a much more refined look than they were known for in the past. The primary composition is still the same. Laminate planks have a detailed photographic layer on the surface that resembles actual wood. A thinly applied protective overlay, called a “wear layer,” is applied over the photographic layer. Under these top layers are compressed wood fibers, that are known as particle boards to give it strength and durability.
Engineered and laminate wood are both much less expensive than solid hardwood floors. Solid hardwood could last a lifetime with the right upkeep, but engineered wood and laminate flooring will stay in good condition for several decades when installed by a pro like Floor Coverings International®. These kind of floors are more resistant to damage from moisture than hardwood as well.
Residents of Castle, Oklahoma Depend On Floor Coverings International®, From Selection to Installation
Reading about the differences and similarities between hardwood, laminate, and engineered wood floors is not like seeing it in person. At Floor Coverings International®, we have a solution for that with our Mobile Flooring Showroom® in-home consultations. Our flooring specialists travel to where you are in Castle, Oklahoma and work closely with you to give you a clearer picture of different types of flooring will look in your space.
Floor Coverings International® advises you on hardwood, engineered wood, and laminate flooring, the way it will look in various rooms in your home, and the cost of installation. Once our expert flooring specialists have revamped your space with your flooring of choice, we return when it's most convenient for you, typically 7-10 days later to ensure you're completely satisfied.
Engineered Wood Floor Perks
- Engineered wood has a wood-like appearance because it's made with a wooden exterior layer and available in an array of tones and species of wood, including walnut, oak, hickory, maple, and more.
- The interior layer is manufactured wood constructed from compressed plywood and high-density fiberboard.
- Planks are placed perpendicularly to form a robust and grid-like structure.
- It offers more water resistance because of the wax and adhesive holding it together.
- It is a green alternative because its core and backing can contain up to 70% of recycled wood.
- Our partnerships with dependable flooring manufacturers let us offer our clients quality solutions that we stand by wholeheartedly.
- Hardwood flooring installations are done to the highest quality standards and are sure to hold onto their beauty over the years.
- Manufactured wood flooring is aesthetically appealing and simple to maintain.
We're Dedicated to Excellence and Customer Delight
Floor Coverings International® has Design Associates you can trust in Castle, Oklahoma with over 370,000 happy customers. No other flooring company offers a shopping and installation process like us. We’re the only company that brings designs to your home to help you choose the best flooring and see how the completed result might turn out before you decide on a certain style. Our business procedures are 100% centered around the client, and we give you quality products at competitive rates.
Engineered Wood Floors are a Logical Option
Engineered wood floors are a great option for any homeowner in Castle, Oklahoma who is looking to add property value and a classic design to different areas of their residence. Wood flooring is a great way to create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere that'll make you look forward to winding down in your home. The warmth and unique characteristics of wood give this type of flooring great ability to improve your real estate value, meaning it's a worthy home improvement project. They're certain to look stunning and leave a positive impression on your friends and family. Engineered wood flooring is a cost-effective option that provides you with the best of both worlds in terms of their beautiful hardwood-like characteristics and budget-friendly rate.
In addition to looking impressive, this type of flooring needs only simple upkeep and it's easy to make it last for a long time. With regular sweeping and disinfecting, you'll reduce pet dander, bits of food, bugs, and dust on your floors. You may also want to vacuum or steam clean your floors, although engineered wood floors are typically tough when contrasted with other sorts of floors. This type of routine upkeep will lower dirt and dust in your home and keep your new floors looking their best for as long as possible.
The toughness and performance of manufactured wood flooring allow it to better withstand heavy foot traffic in a bustling house. The wood veneer will last a long time with the right upkeep, and its classic appearance is sure to stay in good condition for ages. Engineered wood floors are more resistant to water and well built, so you're likely to avoid any damage due to water or other problems with little effort. It's logical to invest in a more cost-effective option that has the appearance of real hardwood and will stay looking great for a long time.
Contact Us for an Appointment From Our Design Associates
Purchasing engineered wood floors couldn't be more easy! Let us meet your needs and make it easy to purchase new floors by coming to your home. Our Mobile Flooring Showroom® lets you browse through and buy from our inventory conveniently from your living room, with the additional benefit of having a knowledgeable Design Associate by your side. See how various kinds of manufactured wood look and feel before taking your pick so you can be totally happy with the final results.
You can get the guidance you need when you choose Floor Coverings International®, such as:
- Design Consultation
- Expert Guidance to Choose Flooring
- Receive a Complete and Accurate Proposal
- Flexible Buying Options for Every Budget
Contact Us to Install Manufactured Wood Floors
Finding suitable floors shouldn't be such a struggle. Floor Coverings International® makes an easy process! One of our Design Associates will arrive at your home with our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, where you'll be able to look through our inventory and even see what our engineered wood flooring options look alongside your decor and architecture.
Learn More About New Hardwood Floors in Your Home Today
Finding the perfect flooring shouldn't have to be a struggle. Floor Coverings International® makes the process effortless! One of our Design Associates will arrive at your home in our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, where you'll be able to browse our inventory and even see what our engineered wood flooring choices look like in your home.