Engineered Wood in your area
Engineered wood flooring is a close second to traditional hardwood floors. Manufactured wood takes less time to install, is resistant to damage from water, and has a lower price point. These perks are what make it an excellent investment for the floors in your your area home. At Floor Coverings international®, our flooring specialists assist you in deciding which innovative, low-maintenance flooring alternatives are best for your needs and style.
Hardwood, Laminate, and Engineered Wood Floors – Make the Best Choice
No one will deny the elegance and function of solid hardwood floors. Floor Coverings International® loves them too, so we carry multiple types of wood floors available for installation in your area. Wood grains not only look great with most floor plans and interior designs, but this variety of floor is also long-lasting and low maintenance. But how do engineered and laminate wood floors compare? The answer may guide you in the right direction.
- Engineered Wood - Engineered wood flooring, also known as manufactured wood, first began in the 1960s. Getting engineered wood installed in any room will make a distinct improved to its appearance. Manufactured wood has a veneer of real wood on the top, so you get all of the natural textures and graining you’d expect from solid hardwood. High-density fiberboard or plywood is what makes up the core of engineered wood floors below the top layer.
- Laminate Wood Flooring - Of all options, laminate wood is the most economical. New materials and production techniques have given laminate floors a much more refined look than they were known for in the past. The basic composition is still the same. Laminate planks have a realistic image layer on the surface that resembles real wood. A thin protective overlay, called a “wear layer,” is applied over the image layer. Under these layers are compressed wood fibers, that are known as particle boards to give it strength and durability.
Laminate and engineered wood are both much less expensive than real hardwood floors. Solid hardwood can last for many years with proper care, but engineered wood and laminate flooring will last decades when the pros at Floor Coverings International® install it. This type of flooring are also more resistant to damage from moisture than hardwood.
What is Engineered Wood Flooring?
Manufactured wood flooring is an alternative option to real wood that first came about in the 1960s. Since then, engineered wood flooring has improved in aesthetic appearance and function. Floor Coverings International® of your area carries numerous wood species with a range of textures, dimensions, and options that are perfect for any room. Whether you want a timeworn patina and choose for a hand-scraped effect, or decide on dark mahogany that highlights your open floor plan, we have what you want.
Engineered wood flooring consists of a top layer of wood placed over man-made materials and looks like hardwood planks. It has the stylish look of solid hardwood with an engineered layer below made of high-density plywood and fiberboard. The board are placed in a perpendicular fashion to form a sturdy grid-like foundation held together with a combination of wax and adhesive. Even though it has a thin veneer of wood, the rest of it is more water resistance. Manufactured wood flooring also has plenty of custom options in terms of design and is environmentally friendly because its backing and core can contain up to 70% recycled wood.
Manufactured Wood Floor Advantages
- Engineered wood resembles the appearance of wood because it's made with a wooden top layer and available in a range of hues and species of wood, including maple, walnut, oak, hickory, and more.
- The lower layer is engineered wood made of high-density plywood and fiberboard.
- Boards are assembled perpendicularly to form a strong and an interlacing arrangement.
- It offers more water resistance because of the wax and adhesive holding it in place.
- It is a green alternative because its backing and core can contain up to 70% of recycled wood.
- Our partnerships with trusted flooring manufacturers in the industry let us provide our clients with more value.
- Our hardwood flooring installation services are carried out to the highest quality standards and will certainly hold onto their beauty over the years.
- Manufactured wood flooring is stylish and easy to maintain.
Gallery of Engineered Wood Flooring Varieties
Take a look at our flooring showroom to see all of the variety we homeowners in your area. We have a wide-ranging inventory of manufactured wood floors, and with endless possibilities for you to choose from, you're bound to find the right one for you. We recommend spending a few moments researching the type of wood hues and designs you prefer to have a good idea before you meet with our flooring specialists. We'll be better able to point you towards the right option once we understand what your needs and preferences are. We have the name-brand flooring solutions that homeowners love.
Manufactured Wood Flooring is a Practical Choice
Manufactured wood flooring is an excellent option for any homeowner in your area who is wanting to add value and an elegant appearance to different areas of their home. Wood flooring is known to give off a comfortable and cozy atmosphere that'll make it a place you'll enjoy spending time in. The warmth and charm of wood give this type of flooring great potential for boosting your real estate value, which means it's a worthy home improvement project. They're sure to look stunning and make an impression on your guests. Engineered wood flooring is a cost-effective alternative that gives you the best of both worlds in terms of their beautiful hardwood-like qualities and lower price tag.
In addition to looking fantastic, this flooring style is low-maintenance and easy to keep in good condition for many years. With regular sweeping and disinfecting, you'll minimize pet dander, bits of food, bugs, and dust on your floors. It helps to steam clean or vacuum your floors, although manufactured wood floors are generally durable when compared to other types of floors. This type of routine upkeep will lower dirt and dust on your property and keep your floors looking their best.
The toughness and purpose of engineered wood flooring make it better resist heavy foot traffic in a bustling home. The wood veneer will last a long time with the proper care, and its classic appearance will certainly age well. Engineered wood flooring is more water resistant and sturdy, so you're likely to prevent any water damage or other problems with minimal effort. It makes sense to invest in a more affordable alternative that has the appearance of traditional hardwood and will stay looking great for a long time.
Call Us for a Free Consultation In your area
We offer everything from concept designs to installing hardwood, laminate, and engineered wood floors. The look of our laminate wood and engineered woodflooring imitates the advantage of solid hardwood. They share a lot of characteristics in terms of resilience and longevity. The craftsmanship and technology you’ll find from other types of wood flooring open up numerous possibilities for you, including possibly saving money and fewer headaches during installation. Whatever type of floors you pick, make sure you buy it from our location in your area.
Learn More About New Hardwood Floors in Your Home Today
Finding the perfect flooring shouldn't have to be a struggle. Floor Coverings International® makes the process effortless! One of our Design Associates will arrive at your home in our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, where you'll be able to browse our inventory and even see what our engineered wood flooring choices look like in your home.