Engineered wood flooring is remarkably similar to the appearance of traditional hardwood floors. Engineered wood takes less time to install, is less susceptible to moisture damage, and is less expensive. All of these benefits are what make it a great investment for the floors in your home. At Floor Coverings international®, our flooring specialists assist you in deciding which high-tech, low-fuss flooring is best for your needs and style preferences.
Hardwood, Engineered, and Laminate Wood Flooring – Make the Best Choice
Nobody can deny the elegance and adaptability of solid hardwood floors. Floor Coverings International® loves them too, so we carry multiple species of hardwood floors available to install in your area, KS. Wood not only looks great with most floor plans and interior designs, but this variety of floor is also long-lasting and low maintenance. But how do laminate and engineered wood floors measure up? The answer may guide you in the right direction.
- Engineered Wood - Engineered wood flooring first began in the 1960s. Getting engineered wood installed in any room will make a significant improvement to its aesthetic appeal. Engineered wood has a layer of real wood on top, so you get all of the beautiful textures and grain patterns you’d expect from solid hardwood. Compressed plywood and high-density fiberboard is what makes up the core of engineered wood floors just beneath the surface.
- Laminate Wood Flooring - The most affordable of all options for your business or home is laminate wood flooring. Innovative materials and production methods have given laminate floors a more refined look than they were known for in the past. The fundamental composition remains the same. Laminate planks have a detailed photographic layer on the surface that mimics real hardwood. A thinly applied protective overlay, called a “wear layer,” is applied over the photographic layer. Under these layers are heat-pressed wood fibers, that are known as particle boards to give it durability and strength.
Engineered and laminate wood are both less expensive than real hardwood floors. Solid hardwood can last for many years with the right care, but engineered wood and laminate flooring will stay in good condition for several decades when the pros at Floor Coverings International® take care of your installation. These flooring options are also more water-resistant than hardwood.
From Selection to Installation, Homeowners in your area, KS Count On Floor Coverings International®
Reading about the similarities and differences between hardwood, laminate, and engineered wood floors is no substitute for seeing it for yourself in person. We have a solution for that with our Mobile Flooring Showroom® in-home consultations. Our Design Associates travel to your location in your area, KS and work with you to give you a better idea of how any flooring will look in your space.
Our team will advise you on hardwood, engineered wood, and laminate flooring, the way it will look in various areas, and the installation price. Once our expert flooring contractors have redesigned your space with your preferred flooring type, we come back when convenient 7-10 days later to ensure you're completely satisfied.
Benefits of Engineered Wood Floors
- Engineered wood mimics the appearance of wood because it's made with a wooden top layer and available in a range of tones and varieties of wood, including walnut, oak, hickory, maple, and more.
- The lower layer is engineered wood made of high-density fiberboard and compressed plywood.
- Boards are assembled perpendicularly to create a robust and grid-like structure.
- It is more resistant to water damage due to the adhesive and wax holding it together.
- It's eco-friendly because its core and backing is constructed from up to 70% of recycled wood.
- Our relationships with top flooring manufacturers let us offer our clients with more value.
- Hardwood flooring installation services are done to the highest quality standards and are sure to hold onto their beauty over time.
- Engineered wood flooring is both aesthetically appealing and simple to maintain.
Our Commitment to Excellence and Satisfaction Stand Out
Floor Coverings International® are the flooring specialists you can depend on in your area, KS with over 370,000 happy customers. Our floor shopping and installation experience is unparalleled. We’re the only company that brings flooring samples to straight to your living room and help you choose the best flooring and see how the final result will look before you decide on a certain style. Our business procedures are 100% client-centered, and we offer you quality products at competitive rates.
Engineered Wood Flooring is a Practical Option
Engineered wood flooring is an excellent option for any homeowner in your area, KS who is in search of a way to add property value and a classic appearance to various rooms in their home. Wood flooring is a great way to give off a comfortable and cozy environment that'll make your home a place you'll look forward to relaxing in. The rich tones and unique characteristics of wood give this type of flooring great ability to raise your real estate value, which means it's a worthwhile investment. They're certain to be eye-catching and make an impression on your guests. Engineered wood flooring is an affordable option that offers you the best of both worlds in terms of their aesthetic hardwood-like qualities and lower price tag.
On top of looking great, this kind of flooring is low-maintenance and easy to make it last for a long time. With regular sweeping and disinfecting, you'll lower the amount of dust, pet dander, bugs, and bits of food on your floors. It helps to steam clean or vacuum your floors, although manufactured wood floors are usually durable when compared to other sorts of floors. This type of regular maintenance will lower dirt and dust on your property and keep your new floors looking their best for as long as possible.
The strength and performance of engineered wood flooring make it better withstand foot traffic in a busy home. The wood layer will last a long time with the proper upkeep, and its classic look is sure to age well. Engineered wood flooring is more resistant to water and sturdy, so you're likely to prevent any damage from water or other problems with minimal effort. It makes sense to invest in a more affordable option that looks just as beautiful as traditional hardwood and will stay looking great for a long time.
Schedule an Engineered Flooring Consultation with a Specialist
Our Design Associates advise you on the various designs and brands of engineered wood floors. We'll help you make a wise decision about the type of floor you choose for your home. Our team will make sure that you're satisfied with the flooring you decide and that it goes with your interior decor. Get in touch to schedule a consultation to discuss the possibilities with a flooring specialist.
Learn More About New Hardwood Floors in Your Home Today
Finding the perfect flooring shouldn't have to be a struggle. Floor Coverings International® makes the process effortless! One of our Design Associates will arrive at your home in our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, where you'll be able to browse our inventory and even see what our engineered wood flooring choices look like in your home.