Stylish, Affordable Floors In your area, ID
Look into engineered wood floors for an impressive wood grain aesthetic offered at an affordable price. Floor Coverings International® has a large selection of thoughtfully manufactured wood floors for you to take your pick.
Hardwood, Engineered, and Laminate Wood Floors – Which Is Right for You?
No one can deny the elegance and versatility of real hardwood floors. We love them too, so we have multiple types of wood floors available to install in your area, ID. Wood grains not only look great with most floor plans and decor styles, but this type of floor is also long-lasting and take minimal effort to keep clean. But how do engineered and laminate wood floors compare, if at all? The answer may surprise you.
- Engineered Wood - Engineered wood flooring dates back to the 60s. Most people will notice improvements have been made when walking into a room with engineered wood floors installed by Floor Coverings International®. Engineered wood has a veneer of real wood on top, so you get all of the natural textures and grain patterns you’d enjoy from traditional hardwood floors. High-density fiberboard or compressed plywood is what makes up the body of engineered wood floors below the top layer.
- Laminate Wood Flooring - Of all wood options, laminate wood is the most economical. Innovative materials and production methods have given laminate floors a much more refined look than they had in the past. The primary design is unchanged. Laminate planks have a detailed image layer on the surface that mimics real hardwood. A thinly applied protective coating, known as a “wear layer,” is placed over the image layer. Under these layers are compressed wood fibers, also known as particle boards to give it strength and durability.
Engineered and laminate wood are both budget-friendly than solid hardwood floors. Solid hardwood could last for many years with proper care, but engineered wood and laminate flooring will stay in good condition for several decades when installed by a pro like Floor Coverings International®. This style of flooring are also more water-resistant than real wood.
Which Style of Wood Flooring is Best for You?
At Floor Coverings International®, we make shopping an experience to look forward to. If you've never had hardwood floors, you're in for something special with our flooring specialists. Choosing between solid hardwood, laminate, or engineered wood can be difficult. Our team is here to offer our expertise and help you decide on the best flooring variety for your home and price point. We bring our flooring samples to you with a visit from our Mobile Flooring Showroom®. We make your shopping experience hassle-free by allowing you to check out samples comfortably in your living room. A team member will arrive for the appointment, ready to discuss the various styles and advantages of engineered wood floors. We're available to address any concerns and see what the samples will look like in your rooms before you make your final decision. Your local flooring specialists in your area, ID will assist you every step of the way, from selecting the right option to taking care of the installation process.
Engineered Wood Flooring Advantages
- Engineered wood has a wood-like appearance because it's made with a wooden exterior layer and available in an array of hues and species of wood, including maple, walnut, oak, hickory, and more.
- The lower layer is engineered wood constructed from compressed plywood and high-density fiberboard.
- Planks are assembled perpendicularly to create a strong and lattice-like arrangement.
- It is more water resistant because of the adhesive and wax holding it in place.
- It is environmentally friendly because its backing and core can contain up to 70% of recycled wood.
- Our partnerships with flooring manufacturers let us offer our clients with more value.
- Our hardwood flooring installation services are carried out to the highest standards of quality and will certainly hold onto their charm over the years.
- Engineered wood flooring is both aesthetically appealing and simple to maintain.
Gallery of Engineered Wood Flooring Styles
Browse our flooring showroom to see all of the quality we our clients in your area, ID. We carry a wide range of manufactured wood floors, and with so many options at your disposal, you're bound to find the right one for you. We recommend spending a few moments researching the type of wood tones and styles you prefer to have a good idea before you meet with our flooring specialists. It'll help us point you in the right direction once we know what your needs and preferences are. Floor Coverings International® has the name-brand flooring solutions that homeowners love.
Engineered Wood Flooring is a Practical Choice
Engineered wood flooring is an excellent choice for any homeowner in your area, ID who is in search of a way to add value and a classic design to various rooms in their residence. Wood floors are known to give off a comfortable and cozy environment that'll make you look forward to winding down in your home after a long day. The rich tones and charm of wood flooring have great ability to improve your real estate value, which means it's a worthwhile home improvement project. They're certain to be eye-catching and leave an impression on your friends and family. Engineered wood floors are an affordable option that offers you the best of both worlds in terms of their beautiful hardwood-like qualities and budget-friendly rate.
In addition to looking impressive, this flooring style is low-maintenance and easy to keep in good condition for many years. By sweeping and mopping your floors with a disinfectant, you can minimize bits of food, dust, bugs, and pet dander. You may also want to vacuum or steam clean your floors, although manufactured wood floors are usually tough when compared to other kinds of floors. This type of routine upkeep will lower dust and dirt in your home and keep your floors looking their best at all times.
The strength and performance of engineered wood flooring allow it to better resist heavy foot traffic in a bustling house. The wood layer will last a long time with the proper upkeep, and its classic appearance is sure to age well. Engineered wood flooring is more water resistant and sturdy, so you're likely to prevent any water damage or other problems with minimal effort. It's logical to invest in a more economical alternative that has the appearance of traditional hardwood and will stay looking great for as long as possible.
Schedule a Free Appointment In your area, ID
We offer various options from concept design styles to the installation of engineered wood, laminate wood, and hardwood floors. The look of our manufactured wood and laminate wood flooring imitates the beauty of real hardwood. They have a lot in common in terms of durability and toughness. The craftsmanship and innovation you’ll find from other types of wood flooring open up numerous possibilities for you, including possibly saving money and fewer headaches during the installation process. No matter what type of floors you choose, make sure you buy it from our location in your area, ID.
Learn More About New Hardwood Floors in Your Home Today
Finding the perfect flooring shouldn't have to be a struggle. Floor Coverings International® makes the process effortless! One of our Design Associates will arrive at your home in our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, where you'll be able to browse our inventory and even see what our engineered wood flooring choices look like in your home.