Manufactured Floors for your area
Look into manufactured wood floors for an impressive wood grain aesthetic available at a cost-effective price. Floor Coverings International® has a diverse selection of thoughtfully engineered wood floors that are sure to suit your needs and preferences.
Hardwood, Laminate, and Engineered Wood Floors – Make the Right Choice
No one will deny the elegance and function of solid hardwood floors. Floor Coverings International® also loves them, which is why we carry multiple types of wood floors available for installation in your area. Wood grains not only look great with most floor plans and interior designs, but these floors are also long-lasting and easy to clean. But how do engineered and laminate wood floors measure up? The answer may help inform your decision.
- Engineered Wood - Engineered wood flooring, also known as manufactured wood, first began in the 1960s. Getting engineered wood installed in any room will noticeably improve its aesthetic appeal. Manufactured wood has a exterior layer of real wood on top, so you get all of the beautiful textures and graining you’d enjoy from solid hardwood floors. High-density fiberboard or compressed plywood is what makes up the main part of the engineered wood floors below the surface.
- Laminate Wood Flooring - Of all flooring alternatives, laminate wood is the most affordable. Modern materials and manufacturing methods have given laminate floors a much more refined appearance than they were known for in the past. The basic design is unchanged. Laminate planks have a high-resolution image layer on top that resembles actual wood. A thin protective overlay, called a “wear layer,” is placed over the image layer. Under these layers are compressed wood fibers, also known as particle boards to give it strength and durability.
Laminate and engineered wood are both much less expensive than traditional hardwood floors. Solid hardwood could last a lifetime with the right maintenance, but engineered wood and laminate flooring will last several decades when the pros at Floor Coverings International® take care of the installation process. These kind of floors are also more resistant to water damage than real wood.
What are Manufactured Wood Floors?
Manufactured wood . Since then, engineered wood floors have improved in appearance and function. Floor Coverings International® of your area carries dozens of wood species each with a range of textures, dimensions, and options suitable for any room in your home. Whether you want a timeworn patina and choose for a hand-scraped effect, or decide on rich mahogany that accentuates your open floor plan, we have what you're looking for.
Engineered wood flooring is made of a top layer of real wood applied to man-made materials and looks like hardwood floor boards. It has the classic appearance of natural hardwood with an engineered layer below constructed from high-density fiberboard or compressed plywood. The board are laid perpendicular to each other to form a sturdy lattice structure held together with a combination of wax and adhesive. Even though it has a thin layer of wood, the rest of it is more water resistance. Manufactured wood floors also have plenty of versatility in style and is environmentally friendly because its core and backing can contain up to 70% repurposed wood waste.
Benefits of Engineered Wood Floors
- Engineered wood resembles the appearance of wood because it's made with a wooden top layer and comes in a range of tones and species of wood, including maple, walnut, oak, hickory, and more.
- The layer beneath is manufactured wood constructed from compressed plywood and high-density fiberboard.
- Boards are installed perpendicularly to form a strong and an interlacing framework.
- It is more water resistant due to the wax and adhesive holding it in place.
- It is a green alternative because its core and backing is made up of up to 70% of repurposed wood waste.
- Our relationships with trusted flooring manufacturers let us offer our clients quality products that we stand by wholeheartedly.
- Our hardwood flooring installations are done to the highest quality standards and will certainly retain their charm over the years.
- Manufactured wood flooring is both aesthetically appealing and simple to keep looking nice.
We're Committed to Quality and Customer Satisfaction
With over 370,000 happy customers, Floor Coverings International® are the flooring professionals you can depend on in your area. Our shopping and installation process is unlike any other. We’re the only ones that bring designs to directly to you and help you choose from the best flooring styles and see how the completed result will look beforehand. Our business procedures are 100% centered around the client, and we provide you quality products at cost-effective prices.
Engineered Wood Floors are a Logical Choice
Engineered wood floors are an excellent choice for any homeowner in your area who is wanting to add property value and a classic look to different areas of their residence. Wood floors are known to give off a cozy and comfortable environment that'll make you look forward to winding down in your home after a long day. The warmth and charm of wood flooring have great potential for improving your property value, which means it's a worthy home improvement project. They are sure to look amazing and make an impression on your friends. Engineered wood floors are an affordable alternative that provides you with the best of both worlds in terms of their beautiful hardwood-like qualities and lower price tag.
On top of looking great, this kind of flooring requires only regular maintenance and it's easy to keep in good condition for a long time. By sweeping and wiping down your floors with a disinfectant, you can minimize pet dander, bits of food, bugs, and dust. It helps to vacuum or steam clean your floors, although engineered wood floors are generally more resilient when contrasted with other sorts of floors. This kind of regular maintenance will minimize dust and dirt in your home and keep your new floors looking their best.
The strength and function of manufactured wood flooring make it better resist foot traffic in a busy house. The wood layer will last a long time with the proper upkeep, and its classic look is sure to stay in good condition for ages. Engineered wood floors are more water resistant and sturdy, so you're likely to prevent any water damage or other problems with regular cleaning. It's logical to invest in a more cost-effective option that looks just as great as real hardwood and will stay looking great for as long as possible.
Schedule a Free Consultation In your area
Floor Coverings International® offers various options from conceptualizing designs to the installation of hardwood, laminate, and engineered wood floors. The appearance of our laminate wood and engineered woodflooring imitates the beauty of solid hardwood. They have a lot in common in terms of resilience and longevity. The craftsmanship and innovation you’ll find from other types of wood flooring give way for numerous possibilities for you, including lower costs and fewer headaches during installation. No matter what type of floors you choose, make sure you get it from our location in your area.
Learn More About New Hardwood Floors in Your Home Today
Finding the perfect flooring shouldn't have to be a struggle. Floor Coverings International® makes the process effortless! One of our Design Associates will arrive at your home in our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, where you'll be able to browse our inventory and even see what our engineered wood flooring choices look like in your home.