Linoleum Flooring Installation From Floor Coverings International®
Linoleum flooring has come a long way over the years and deserves your consideration for your home or commercial space. Linoleum flooring installation can provide a blend of functionality, durability, style, and is even an eco-friendly option made from biodegradable materials. For the best selection and customer service, choose Floor Coverings International®, the leading linoleum flooring installation company that will help you get the floors you’ve always wanted.
Why Choose Linoleum Flooring Installation?
Choosing linoleum flooring installation for your home or business has many surprising benefits:
- Environmental considerations: Linoleum is made from natural materials such as linseed oil, wood flour, and cork dust, while vinyl is made from synthetic materials derived from petrochemicals. Linoleum is considered a more eco-friendly option, as it is biodegradable and can be recycled.
- Durability: Linoleum is known for its durability and longevity. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is less likely to scratch or dent than materials like vinyl.
- Low-Maintenance: Linoleum is easy to maintain and clean. It can be cleaned with a damp mop and mild soap and does not require waxing or polishing like vinyl.
- Health considerations: Linoleum is hypoallergenic and does not emit harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Aesthetics: Linoleum offers a wide range of colors and patterns, including natural-looking options that mimic wood or stone. It has a distinctive matte finish that some people prefer.
In What Settings Will Linoleum Flooring Perform Best?
The expert linoleum floor installers at Floor Coverings International® are factory-trained and work closely with manufacturers to ensure they know all ratings and applications of their products. Linoleum flooring installation is suitable for a wide range of residential and commercial areas but particularly exceeds in:
- Kitchens: Linoleum flooring installation is popular for kitchens because it is easy to clean, durable, and water-resistant.
- Bathrooms: Its resistance to moisture, humidity, and mold growth make bathrooms perfect candidates for linoleum flooring installation.
- High-traffic areas: Due to its durability, linoleum flooring can be a good choice for high-traffic areas such as entryways, hallways, and living rooms.
- Healthcare facilities: Linoleum is often used in healthcare facilities because it is easy to clean and maintain and is naturally anti-bacterial.
- Educational facilities: Linoleum is a popular choice for schools and universities because it is durable, easy to maintain, and comes in a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Retail spaces: Linoleum can be a good option for retail spaces because it is durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic.
Is Linoleum The Same As Vinyl Flooring?
As the leading linoleum flooring installation company in the nation, we receive a lot of questions about the material from consumers. One misconception that is common is that linoleum is another name for vinyl, but the two materials are very different. Vinyl is made of synthetic materials, while linoleum is mostly produced using natural organic substances.
Vinyl is made in layers, which typically consist of:
- Wear layer: The topmost layer is a clear protective coating that resists scratches, scuffs, and stains.
- Printed layer - gives the vinyl flooring its decorative design or pattern.
- Vinyl core - typically made of a mixture of PVC resin and other additives that provide flexibility and strength.
- Underlayment - provides cushioning, sound insulation, and moisture protection.
- Adhesive layer - used to attach the flooring to the subfloor.
Our linoleum floor installers use materials from different manufacturers who may use varying components in their linoleum flooring products. Typically, however, its parts consist of:
- Linseed oil - a natural binder that holds the other components of the flooring together.
- Wood flour - provides texture and bulk to the linoleum flooring and helps prevent shrinking.
- Cork dust - added to linoleum flooring to provide resilience and cushioning. It also helps to reduce noise and increase insulation.
- Pigments - added to create a wide range of colors and patterns. The pigments are typically made from natural materials, such as clay or mineral pigments.
- Resins - added to improve its durability and water resistance. The resins used in linoleum flooring are typically made from natural materials, such as pine resin or rosin.
- Jute backing - backed with jute, a natural fiber that provides stability and helps to hold the linoleum together.
Linoleum Flooring Is Available In Several Style Options
Many people choose vinyl because it’s well known for being available in unlimited styling options, but the same applies to linoleum. No other linoleum flooring installation company has as large an inventory as Floor Coverings International®. We will help you achieve any aesthetic or tone for your home or commercial space, including:
- Solid colors: Linoleum flooring is available in a variety of solid colors, ranging from bright and bold to more muted and neutral hues.
- Patterns: Linoleum can be printed with patterns, such as stripes, dots, and geometric shapes. Some manufacturers offer linoleum tiles that can be arranged in different patterns to create unique designs.
- Wood-look: Linoleum flooring is available in styles that mimic the look of natural wood, including a variety of wood grains, colors, and textures.
- Stone-look: Some linoleum styles mimic the look of natural stone, including marble, slate, and terrazzo.
- Retro/vintage: Linoleum flooring was popular in the mid-20th century, and some manufacturers offer retro or vintage-inspired styles that evoke this era's aesthetics.
- Custom designs: Our linoleum flooring installation company works with manufacturers who offer the option to create custom designs or logos, making linoleum a unique flooring option for commercial spaces.
Shop For And Purchase Your New Floor Conveniently From Your Home
Floor Coverings International® is the only flooring company that brings the showroom to you.
Request A Complimentary Consultation
Schedule your complimentary consultation with our team for a time that fits into your schedule.
In-Home Mobile Flooring Showroom®
Our Design Associates meet with you in the convenience of your own home and review the details of your flooring project.
We have factory-trained professional flooring experts who install your new flooring.
Post Installation Follow-up
We return to your property to evaluate the performance of your floor as part of our follow-up process.
Over 350,000 Happy Customers And Counting
Schedule A Consultation
No other linoleum flooring installation company goes to the extent to ensure your satisfaction as Floor Coverings International®. Schedule a consultation with our Design Associates, and we’ll come over to show you samples and discuss the benefits of linoleum flooring installation or any flooring material you’re interested in. Linoleum has come a long way since your grandparents used it in their homes, and today it has the attractiveness and durability to be a worthwhile investment in your house or commercial property. Call us today at 1-800-342-5324.