If you love carpeting, you're not alone! Despite trends towards hard surface flooring, carpet remains the most popular flooring type across the country. However, families interested in purchasing new carpeting have a tough choice—should they opt for a low-pile or high-pile carpet option?
Floor Coverings International® wants to take the guesswork out of choosing a carpet pile type. While both high and low pile options make an excellent choice for your home, both do have their distinct plusses and minuses. Read on to find out which carpet type is the right fit for you!Book A Free Consultation
What Does High-Pile vs. Low-Pile Mean?
Before we can talk about whether high-pile or low-pile carpeting is right for your family, it's important to clarify what "pile" means when it comes to carpeting. In the flooring industry, pile refers to how long or short the loops of fabric are in your carpeting. This fuzzy, soft surface material makes carpet such a popular and enduring flooring option for many homeowners. If a carpet is called a "high pile," it means the fibers are tall and loose like a shag carpet, which is a well-known high-pile carpet option. On the other hand, low-pile carpeting has shorter carpet fibers and tighter loops. This lower pile style has a modern, sleek appearance that many customers want.Book A Free Consultation
High-Pile Carpet Might Be Right for You If….
- You're interested in carpet for its warmth and comfort. High pile is known for the cozy home atmosphere it helps create.
- You don't want your carpet to become flattened over time. Despite its taller loops, high pile carpet is less likely to flatten than low carpet options.
- You love the luxurious look that full, fluffy carpet offers.
Low-Pile Could Fit Your Family If….
- Your home includes allergy sufferers. A low pile carpet helps prevent allergens from lodging within your carpet's surface.
- Easy cleaning is important to you. Low pile carpet's flatter surface makes it easier to remove stains quickly and thoroughly.
- You'd like to carpet a dining room or playroom. The low pile carpet's smoother surface allows chairs or toys to move across your flooring easily.
Whether your family prefers low-pile or high-pile carpets, there's a carpeting option to suit your needs and preferences. Get in contact with the team at your local Floor Coverings International®, who wants to help you find exactly what you want. Our Design Associates are here to serve customers in your area with in-home consultation and free, upfront estimates. We'll help you decide which carpet pile is best for the flooring in your rooms, and then we'll take care of the installation process. Call us today to schedule a visit from our Mobile Flooring Showroom®, and let us help you discover the perfect floor for your family!Book A Free Consultation